Thursday, April 16, 2009

Routines... Patterns...

I was washing dishes yesterday, thinking about things that had happened and things that were going to happen, people I had talked to, errands I needed to still take care of and homework that was waiting for me.

Then I noticed the dishes, I wash dishes in a certain way; plates, bowls, cups, small containers, big containers and bowls, and last, the silverware (I hate washing silverware).

I thought about other things I do in a certain order; Shower:
Shampoo hair first, then put on the conditioner and let it soak in while I wash everything, then shave everything, face gets washed last, then conditioner rinsed out of hair.

Most of the ironing I do is with my left hand, getting the sleeves and ties (if there are any) ironed first

When I fold laundry I make piles; tops, bottoms, towels, then socks (socks are always done last) and in those piles, the biggest items go on the bottom and the smallest on top.

Why do I do things in a certain order? I think its because its just that, order. I feel in control when things are done in a certain way, and I think things go smoother.

Thats all, just something I was thinking about :)

On a side note, being married to Patrick is wonderful!
I'm the happiest I have ever been in my entire life....







4 comments:

Princess said...

We shower the exact same way, lol! I do things in order too! Why didn't you say anything about eating in evens or chewing evenly on both sides of your mouth ;P It makes me happy that you are so happy although I can never accept a brother who takes away my status as travel companion!

Amy said...

I love order too. Although I have to admire it from afar...
you sound so happy sista! good for you, you deserve it!

Mary said...

Steph I love you! Post more about marital bliss :)

brian said...

I am glad you are happy, you deserve it...