Sunday, March 23, 2008

Taste Buds...

This week at work I tried 2 new foods that I have NEVER tried before...
I know, I'm new to the world lol



First: Edamame.... apparently its soy beans, which if thats true why dont they just call them that then. I dont know. What I do know is that I LIKE them! I ate them heated up with salt.
Thumbs UP!





Second: Pink Grapefruit.... A guy at work gave me 2 segments. I said "are they supposed to taste like this"? He said "what do they taste like"? I said "Like an orange dipped in earwax"!


Yea, these I DO NOT like! Thumbs DOWN!




I'll be trying more foods & rating them soon...lol

6 comments:

Princess said...

Nice! I am so proud of you! That is the only way to eat Edamame and it is served in Japanese restaurants a lot. Sorry about the grapefruit, it is an acquired taste! I can't to hear about round 2!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Mmmmm...I love Edamame, but I haven't had any for awhile. Maybe I should go to the store....
I'm not a fan of grapefruit, period. It is a bit tart for my taste.

Sandi said...

I do like edamame. It is good for you. I too do not like grapefruit. Some people put sugar on it or even salt on it. Yuch
!!

Alice said...

Love Edamame. I usually eat it at Pei Wei. Yummm!

As for the grapefruit- I am a fan of that too. When I was little my dad taught me to eat it with lots of sugar. Nice huh? But now I prefer it plain, but I peel everything possible to ditch the bitterness.

Ms K said...

As always, Aunt Kittie is weeks behind the rest. LOL Just found out you all had blogs from your Mom; she sent me all your addresses so beware! Good for you Steph - I also love Endamame and it is Japanese for soy bean....Great snak when you're on weight watchers - which I am. Guess I'll join suit and start a blog again. Had one for years but no one read it except me - guess my life was really boring - or strange. Anyway....New things are good. Love ya Aunt Kittie

Cristin said...

You crack me up!

I'm just realizing how behind I am in my blog reading :)