Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ode to a Coconut...


I'm in LOVE with coconut...
I'm mean I actually ADORE the smell & taste of coconut or anything pina colada related..

I dont ever remember NOT loving coconut, the color, the smell, the taste..its heaven. Come to think of it, Grandma Wanda might be the one who introduced me to this wonderful smell. I remember her always wearing Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil, smelled SO SO good!



I have coconut body butter, I burn coconut candles, have coconut oil that I wear mostly in the summer, I drink Pina Coladas, if I get a sucker its always coconut/pina colada. I use coconut air fresheners in my car:


I carry coconut lipgloss in my purse, wear coconut hand lotion & use coconut body gel.
I cook with coconut cream/milk and bake with coconut syrup & extract. (I do wish they made coconut extract in a bigger container than the 1oz, I go through that stuff like water)!



The only thing I dont like is shredded coconut on cakes.. yuck

Just finished making coconut chocolate chip cookies as a matter of fact.

Have you ever eaten octopus with coconut milk & onions..
OH MY GOODNESS!

Well, I just thought I needed to share my love of coconut. When I close my eyes and smell this exotic seed, I am on a beach with the warm salty air lightly blowing.

heehee I love it!







9 comments:

Princess said...

Your coconut CRAZY! Lol, that's how I feel about patchouli. I'll bet you didn't know that coconut milk has a lot of the same things that are in breast milk! It has also been shown to lower cholesterol! To find out more about the love of your life click this link http://evenstaronline.com/articles/coconut.html

Oh, by the way, you are sooo pretty! Maybe it's the coconut!

Mary said...

You are really coo-coo for coconuts! Don't you just love the smell of coconut oil on someone after they have been in the warm sun. That says beach to me too.

Steph you are a beauty! What I wouldn't do to have that radiant skin! I guess I need more coconut.

Huge hug coming your way!!!xoxoxo

Smiley Family said...

WHAT? Octopus with coconut milk and onions?!? SERIOUSLY?? I was with ya until that point. It is amazing that you and Brian are related, he despises coconut. But your love of the stuff must make up for his lack there of. Although, I do have a coconut bread recipe that he actually does like. I'll have to pass along the recipe or make some for you sometime.

Sorry for the ramblings:) Love ya!

Sandi said...

I've known you were the coconut for as long as I can remember. Coconut has been one of my least favorite flavors for as long. if I can put vanilla into most recipes I'm a happy camper.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Mmmmm.....coconut!

The Rookie said...

And now I know why you always smell good. I'm a fan of coconut myself--though, not so much the eating as inhaling its perfect aroma.

Hello! said...

Ahhh good ol' Hawaiian Tropics tanning lotion. I heart that smell.

Cristin said...

UMMM I'll pass on the octopus but I too love coconut...probably not as much as you haha :)

Esther Jo & Ruth Rose said...

I once had a l'oreal lipstick which smelt of coconut, fell crazy in love with it.
I have a small blog on coconut too, thats how I found you- so you can look it up.
Wish I got a cookie..