Thursday, January 15, 2009

How could something so simple, be so wonderful?


I made cinnamon rolls a couple weeks ago, not a big deal but this was the first time I made something with yeast! I was nervous at first, made sure I had my thermometer so the milk was the right temperature for the yeast and Presto!
They were good but not so pretty:



See, the problem was that I could only get the dough so thin and smooth with my hands, I didn't have a rolling pin so it was tricky.
I was at mom & dads house and noticed Grandma B's rolling pin on top of the fridge covered in dust. *Lightbulb moment* I asked mom if I could have it, she said yes and I was off to bake again! Well, I made the rolls last weekend for Patrick & the kids. This time they turned out SO much better!



I'm in love with a rolling pin....



3 comments:

Cristin said...

I was hungry, now I'm hungrier...thanks Steph! haha That looks soooooooooo good!! Yummy! Even the less pretty ones look yummy...I need to go eat something..

Monica Lifferth said...

ummmm. where's the frosting? :) They look de-lish!

Princess said...

Better than being in love with a stripper. Just thinking about all of the goodies you cook makes me fat. They look delish!