Friday, January 23, 2009

No Pain, No Gain...



This semester I decided to take a Yoga class. I figured I could use the relaxation I heard it brings and I have never done it before and wanted to try it. Wednesday was the first 'real' day we yoga-ed....
Downward facing dog, Cobra, Bridge, Warrior, Half sun salutation.... They were tricky!

I learned that my feet sweat, alot, and it was hard to hold my ground when my feet keep slipping on my mat (any hints would be helpful). I felt good after class, limber and energized! The next day, hhhmmm not so much. I was in PAIN! Parts of my hurt that I didnt know even existed! Did you know there is a line on each side of your stomach where there's supposed muscles? I didnt! Everything around my arms, belly and chest hurt like a beast! But, it was GOOD PAIN! I'm excited for yoga, I think it'll help me strengthen some of the muscles I lost after my surgery and develop some of the muscles I didnt know existed!
Plus, it makes me feel great afterward and helps me relax.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I'll get more 'bend-y' and who DOESNT want that? lol

1 comment:

Monica Lifferth said...

very cool steph. Yoga is very rough. I've tried it a couple of times in a class and was too wimpy to go back. Can't wait to hear how it's working for you.