Sunday, February 1, 2009

Eatin' Out


On Friday Nina, Patrick & I went to P.F. Changs for lunch. Nina's hubby Jared was given a $25 giftcard and Nina was nice enough to share it with us. I've never been to the Chang before but a girl who lives by my parents said they had an amazing 'Great Wall of Chocolate' cake that she used as her wedding cake so that was the one thing I was going to get for sure get! First, a couple of eggrolls; they were ok, nothing special. Next, some crab wontons; now I LOVE those fried wontons with cream cheese in the center but these were YUCK! Weird mushy crab and if there was cream cheese, the crabs ate it. Alright, now the meals... Nina got sweet & sour, it was ok. Pat got sesame chicken rice bowl; a little spicy and so so. Pats also came with egg drop soup, he thought it tasted like ocean, I thought it was good :). I got catonese noodles & chicken; noodles were really wide but it tasted ok. So far, nothing special, just so-so. I ordered a piece of the cake to go and waited for the bill... $55 bucks. Hhhhmmmm so NOT worth it.

Later that night I decided to have a little taste test with the cake. On Wednesday we celebrated Pats sons birthday and I made a chocolate-chocolate chip cake with vanilla frosting. So I had Pat close his eyes... the verdict? Pat said the only reason he knew the difference between the cakes was because the one I made was starting to dry out lol Otherwise, NO DIFFERENCE! And here's the kicker, I made our cake for about $4 and that ONE SLICE of Changs was $8! Please! We laughed and decided to finish off our cake. :)

So, we experienced the Chang, got to hang out with Nina for a minute and take a break from a crazy week.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Yeah it wasnt so good. Next time we will go have some great Chinese food for like 20 bucks and make our own cake LOL

Mary said...

I have had the lettuce wraps and spicy greenbeans at PF Changs and they were good. Nothing else though. Thanks for the review. I neeeed a bite of that cake!!!!

LOVE YOU