Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello Stranger....

There is a somewhat dim, hazy light that I THINK I can see at the end of the tunnel...
I'm aiming for it :)

Things are calming down (a little) so I find as I sit here at the computer working on the take home portion of my Biology test, I would MUCH rather update my blog.
It makes total sense when you really think about.

I DID get the boot at work, but wasnt too worried about it on account of my school loan and unemployment getting me through. Um, thinking honesty IS the best policy and maybe it would actually HELP, I marked that yes, I was indeed going to school when I applied for the unemployment. Well, I got denied, BECAUSE I am going to school full time and therefore they could see no possible way that I could also work full time, and if I couldnt work FULL time, there would be no help. (Picture steam coming from my ears)
Now I'm freaking out.

Summer semester is over, got an A in both classes (thank you very much). Fall semester started last month and lets just say I have been having flashback after flashback of days in my younger years when I was teased (by family mind you) of how I was NOT the sharpest crayon in the box. It has been 15 give or take years since I went to school and I am Strugglin'! Things are not registering in my little brain and it will be all I can do to pass 2 of my classes with a C. Thank goodness for my medical terminology class, that class I love and its the only class during the week that I dont want to throw my notes, book and pencil up in the air and walk away!

We now have both the hubby's kids living with us, the boy is 12, the girl 9. Being a step-mom is hard, I'm more than a babysitter, but not their mom and finding where I fit in, and what my boundaries are has been a challenge. I'm grateful for Patrick and his understanding, compassion and love for me. He's awesome.

Lets lighten this wah-wah fest shall we?

Fall's almost here :) Fall is my FAVORITE time... halloween! I've already decided and prepared for my October treat making, get ready! Speaking of treats, this weekend the kids were at the moms and I had a nice quiet house. I made TWO things I have never made before. First, friday I went to a backyard get together for the YW in my ward, I made Recees cup peanut butter cookies. YUM. Then today, I made... wait for it.... homemade soft pretzels :) I didnt like the way I was making the knots so I made little pretzel bites. Double Yum.
Both recipes are going into the recipe box!

It makes me so happy!





5 comments:

Princess said...

You have always been smart, you just never believed in yourself! (street smarts not so much, lol). I am so proud of you and I know how hard it has been. As for the kids, I know you are great with them and I have no doubt that they will come to think of you as one of their moms. I so love your baking too! Although no one should dip fresh homemade soft pretzels in Jalapeno cheese sauce. That is just rude to the pretzel....

Sephalo said...

Um, I'll have you know that my street smarts FAR outweight my school smarts. So there lol

Monica Lifferth said...

It's good to see you again. I've missed you. :)

Amy said...

Will you please send me some pretzels? With extra Jalepeno cheese sauce? (Only if it is not real cheese though.)

Mary said...

Hang in there my Stephanie. You have the right idea to bake. Oh how I salivated when I saw those pretzel knots! YUM. You should make a cookbook or mail order service. Isn't that how Mrs. Fields got started? Mrs.Ripleys pretzel knots and pbcups! SOLD. Love you Steph, how I wish I lived close to you to sample your delectables .