Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Letter....

A Letter To Mr Biology
(inspired by Rookie)

Dr Mr Biology,

Are you kidding me? Making the switch from Chemist to Biology teacher must have rocked your world. Somehow you have forgotten that you are NOT teaching at Yale or Harvard, but at a humble Community College. I appreciate that 3 pages of my test were in take home form; using the internet helped a great deal to answer questions (except for the 2 that NO ONE could find). Imagine my surprise when I walked into class and you handed me a PACKET of the 'in class' portion of the test, along with the Scantron which you smiled and said "You wont need to use the Scantron until you get to page 6". Seriously? Did you know that I have other classes? Do you think that I can look and a drawing and tell you what molecule it is along with the atomic number and lewis structure drawn out? Well brother, I cannot. When you told me I should have the periodic table memorized by the second week of class I thought you were just kidding.
I now know that Chemists/Biology teachers dont kid.

Hoping that reality hits you really soon...
Strugling Student

3 comments:

The Rookie said...

That just SUCKS! It is also EXACTLY why I took Earthquakes and Volcanoes and Elementary Public Health for my science requirements in good ol' college!

Amy said...

What, you don't like doing conversions on your weekends? for fun?
Don't you know how handy all of this information is in day to day life?
very.

Sephalo said...

UPDATE: Today we got the 'in class' portion back... The class average was a D-! He just said, "you guys have to pass this class with a C in order to move on, I suggest you study harder"

Fool, you have lost your mind!