Monday, February 23, 2009

My Weekend...

I've been dreading my 35th birthday for awhile... 35, this gigantic number that says really nothing unless you're not married (which I'm not) or if you dont have children (which I dont). So I decided in my head that when I hit 35, pretty much its all over.

I started getting sick on Thursday night, again, no big deal except that I dont get sick! I mean it, I stay away from sick people and I wash my hands. So by Friday I felt like bricks were sitting on my chest and a bowling ball was on my noggin. I had to work that morning and then came to the hobbit house, took a long, HOT shower and got in bed (couch lol). Around 5pm Pat and the kids brought me a dozen cookies and orange juice from Paradise Bakery... aaawww how sweet! Then they went away and I laid back down. Around 11pm they came back and brought me dinner and a gallon on orange juice. I'm so lucky!

By the time Sunday rolled around I was feeling only a little better... We all went to church that morning, went over to Pats for lunch and hung out. Later that night we took the kids to visit their mom and Pat & I had dinner. Then we went over to Pats parents house and hung out for a minute, the kids mom dropped them off and we all went back to Pats. The kids were watching a movie in the living room and we were in the kitchen talking. Pat had been carrying a piece of paper around all day and writing on it. Everytime I asked him what he was doing he'd say 'none-ya' lol.

We were sitting at the kitchen table and he grabbed my hand and started reading the words that he had been jotting down all day... It was a BEAUTIFUL poem-ish thing about his life before me and now. Then he got on one knee in the middle of the kitchen and asked me to marry him :) He pulled out a CTR ring and said that he was giving me this temporary ring until he gives me the real one when we get married because he 'Chose The Right' woman and for me it was supposed to mean 'Choose The Ripley' (thats his last name) hahaha It was very sweet.

35 turned out to be not so bad...

Um, I said yes :)

6 comments:

Princess said...

Well Jeezum! Thank goodness he asked, I mean I wouldn't want you to give up on life, lol! Does that mean I only have 2 more years until my life is over? I guess I will just start living it up! I am so happy for you and so glad that you found someone that can treat you with respect! Maybe you can notify me BEFORE you get married and not after! Love yer guts!

The Rookie said...

Hurray! Hurray! I was so excited when I read you were engaged on FB. Hope you're feeling better. Happy 35th!

Smiley Family said...

I am so happy for you Steph! You deserve this. I was bummed that I wasn't home when you and Pat stopped by - dang it! I wish you all the happiness in the world, and then some. :)

Monica Lifferth said...

Yay! Congrats! I am so happy for you. Seriously, you so deserve this.

Cristin said...

what the....How did I miss this post???? EEEEEEEEEEK GRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! I mean look at all the (!)

All About M.E.('s) said...

What a sweet guy. SOunds like a keeper. Congrats and thanks for sharing the story!